|File Size:||14 kb|
Aside from a Hodge Podge of non-descript philosophies which lack substance and depth, I found outright mind manipulation, brain washing, and false claims without any logical basis, yet alone scientific method inquiry. This society has lead us down a path where our generation, and our children’s generation lack serious critical thinking skills to avoid ending up brainwashed by a guru, or cult-like manic-depressive behavior with blindly following an instructor who tells you that if you jump on one leg and look at the center of your nose you will create balance in your life. As absurd as this sounds, I have seen examples of this. Here are some telltale signs that you are being duped:
- They start conversation with: Beloved One, Dear, One, Dear Child of Divinity, My Soul Sister or Brother.
- They claim to speak with the Divine and as they speak to you they are telling you that they are currently channeling what you need to do to heal your body, mind and spirit.
- They seem to come off as inaccessible, claiming that their time is minimal and very valuable to a mere mortal such as yourself. They then proceed to tell you that they charge an excessive amount of money just to consult with you! Sounds like an overpriced lawyer to me!
- Proclaim magnificent results and start quoting random followers who are subservient to his/her teachings.
- Over emphasizing their importance and choosing non-descript fancy titles that are not found in any legitimate educational or spiritual system in place.
- Narcissistic behavior such as claiming to be so called ”Avatars” or “Christ” incarnate again!
- They are not to be questioned. They demand total respect and you should not dare question their belief system or philosophies, even if it sounds absurd to you.
- Ego driven, and totally focused on self-improvement financially, while hypocritically professing humbleness and generosity. Meanwhile, they are extorting you for the latest thousand dollar workshop that claims the keys to success, health, and wealth.
- Fast path to self-realization, and self-enlightenment.
- Pay up front thousands of dollars and follow the person for a year to earn master healer and some other bogus title.
I hope this helps you find discernment. No system of Yoga or spiritual practice should steer you away from your own belief system, and no person should ever be followed blindly.
That is all.